Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Daydreaming



I took this photo of Cinque Terre, Italy in 2001while traversing Europe in my youth. (Ok I'm not old yet...but I'm turning 30 next month, so I'm getting there!) Cinque Terre, a charming cluster of villages along the rugged coast of the Italian Riviera, is one of the most magical places I have ever travelled. It consists of five little villages connected by winding paths, trains, and rickety little boats, as cars cannot reach the villages from the outside. Cliché to say, but it truly transports you back in time, and away from all of the hustle and bustle of modernity. As I am sitting in a coffee shop today editing away, I keep finding myself daydreaming about Cinque Terre, and all of the other places in the world I have had the pleasure of exploring, and all of those that I have not. Time for a trip. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment