Sunday, February 14, 2010

Human Rights Love


My friend Colby and I photographed a group of mostly Iranian and Iranian American Human Rights protesters on Peachtree Street in Atlanta who were calling for for the urgent action to stop the execution of prisoners arrested in the recent Iran uprising that arose after the June 2009 presidential election. This young girl, holding a picture of hanged prisoners, was particularly inspiring to me. I always have such admiration for youth activists. She was very serious and even hushed her fellow protesters at one point during a speech. Food for thought: Iran is second only to China as the world's biggest executioner and the US is the worlds fifth biggest executioner just after North Korea. You can find more photos from this demonstration on my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment